Production Process of Certified seed
Planning of production and distribution process
- KSVS settles basic direction for seed production and distrib ution.
- Each province discuss on variety and volume of the seeds in a local seed conference.
- KSVS plans production and distribution process for each crop.
- MAFRA confirms each step of the production and distribution plan.
Selection of seed production field
- KSVS selects farm and field that will produce its seeds.
- KSVS signs agency contract for seed production.
- KSVS trains farmers and distributes stock seeds.
Management of seed production field
- KSVS sows the seeds in time and control pest and disease.
- KSVS harvests the crops in time, dry and sort them out to prevent from mixing with one another.
- KSVS examines the whole process and find a way for improvement.
- After processing (pre-screening, drying, fine cleaning, chemical treatment) KSVS distributes the certified seeds.
Purchase of seed & Seed test
- KSVS informs the shipment to each farm and guides about harvest and purchase.
- Determination the price and purchase.
- KSVS tests the seeds on purity, moisture level, and lastly for germ.
- Inspection is done once for rice, barley, wheat and soybean, and twice for potato and corn.
- These crops are inspected on purity and for defects such as weeds and diseases, etc.